RTA CABINET QUALITY
Don’t be fooled by pricey cabinet suppliers who claim Ready to Assemble RTA cabinets are not well made or have very limited cabinet and feature choices.
Over the last 12 years, the quality of some RTA cabinets has gone up so dramatically, that many U.S. cabinet manufacturers are still playing catch up.
COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES
You can find some cabinets priced less expensively than ours. If so, and if quality is a priority, make sure you compare apples to apples. Even if some companies advertise that their cabinets are a PREMIERE or ELITE line, here are
15 QUESTIONS TO ASK SELLERS:
1) Do your cabinets contain any particleboard? (Particleboard swells, buckles, and splits if it gets wet; plywood cabinet boxes are more durable. Our cabinets contain NO particleboard whatsoever).
2) Are the cabinet boxes - sides and backs - made of sturdy plywood, or do you have to pay extra for that? (Grade-A plywood is standard on every one of our cabinet lines).
3) Are your cabinet shelves made of plywood covered with a matching wooden veneer? (Some companies sell cabinets with flimsy particleboard shelves. ALL of our cabinet iines have solid PLYWOOD shelves covered with a matching wooden veneer).
4) If your cabinets have plywood sides, are the sides of all cabinets finished on the outside, or is the plywood exposed on some cabinets? (This can be important to some people with allergies or a sensitivity to the chemicals used in wood cabinets. ALL of our cabinets have finished sides with wooden veneers covering the plywood on the sides of every cabinet, not just those at the end of a run. No need to buy extra skins from us).
5) Are the backs of your cabinet bases and your cabinet drawer sides and bottoms just 1/8" or 1/4" thick? (All of our base cabinets have close to full 1/2" thick backs, and our drawers have nearly 1/2" thick sides and bottoms. When cabinet dealers don't list detailed specs like this, it is usually because they don't want you to see just how many differences there really are in the construction of a product, even if their doors look similar on the outside of a cabinet).
6) Are your cabinets finished on the inside? (Some manufacturers cover exposed plywood, MDF, or particleboard interiors with a stain and a coat of varnish. All of our cabinets have finished wooden veneers on the inside and on the outside of our plywood boxes that match their cabinet fronts).
7) Do your Ready-to-Assemble cabinets have to be drilled, nailed, glued, clamped, and stapled, or can they easily be assembled with PRE-MOUNTED "L" brackets and locking plates? (Lots of RTA cabinets require drills, brad nailers, glue guns, staple guns, and clamps. NOT OURS. Since cabinets that are just glued or stapled together have a tendency to separate where the staples meet the frame, this can be a major drawback. Other sellers provide the L-bracket and locking plate connectors, but buyers have to measure every piece of wood to determine their placement, drill holes for them, and mount them. Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' metal locking plates and L-brackets are PRE-MOUNTED on our wood. You just slide each locking plate over its corresponding L-bracket, add the center screw to the pre-drilled hole, and tighten the other two screws that are already in place. Or, you can buy our cabinets from us already assembled).
8) If a company says it uses CAMLOCK connectors, ask, "Are the camlocks made of cheesy plastic or are they metal?" (Plastic is not nearly as durable as a study metal). Our BAMBOO line uses METAL camlock connectors. All of our other cabinets use PRE-MOUNTED METAL "L" brackets and locking plates.
9) Are your cabinet drawer glides FULL EXTENSION, or just 3/4 extension? (You get 25% more drawer space with full extension drawer glides, which are standard on ALL of our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets).
10) Are your cabinet drawer glides basic epoxy glides, or are they heavy duty glides? (You can expect basic white epoxy glides on builder grade cabinets, but if you pay more for your cabinets, make sure the drawer glides are heavy duty ones that are stronger and more durable. All of our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets have heavy duty undermount glides).
11) Do your cabinets have SOFT-CLOSE drawers? (All of the drawers on our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets are FULL EXTENSION SOFT CLOSE. This feature alone is worth 30% more).
12) Are your cabinet doors and door frames 3/4" thick? (All of our cabinet doors and drawer frames are close to 3/4" thick).
13) Are your cabinets GLAZED? (A glaze on a cabinet does NOT refer to a polyurethane finish. GLAZED cabinets are those with a second staining color that provides two-tone definition and pizazz, before the finish is added. Many retailers charge an extra 15-20% extra just for this feature. It is standard on all of our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets with the exception of our Bamboo and Shaker cabinets.
14) Are your cabinets approved by the KCMA -- the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers' Association? Seventeen of our cabinet lines received KCMA approval when cabinets assembled by our warehouse were tested, which means they meet the KCMA's standard for durability and quality. Cabinets that comply and bear the KCMA certification are recognized in the marketplace as a quality product able to perform after a rigorous battery of tests simulating years of typical household use. Tests are performed by approved third-party independent laboratories. Since KCMA approved labs will not test UNassembled cabinetry, our U.S. based warehouses assemble our RTA cabinets before delivering them to the KCMA's designated test labs.
15) Do your cabinets comply with the current California Air Resources Board's (CARB) emissions standard? ALL of Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' cabinet lines do. Formaldehyde and aldehyde are natural ingredients found in organic products such as paints, dyes, and glues. The Calfornia Air Resources Board took the lead nationwide to establish rules to reduce and standardize the use of formaldehyde and aldehyde in hardwood, plywood, particleboard, and medium density fiberboard used or sold in the state of California to levels that do not pose a risk to humans. Several other states and the Environmental Protection Agency are considering passing similar legislation. Although Kitchen Cabinet Discounts sells cabinets to all 50 states, not just California, our cabinet lines are already CARB Phase 2 certified, and meet or exceed safe emissions levels as regulated by the current CARB threshhold limits test.
Search by Keyword
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts sells Ready-to-Assemble (RTA) maple, oak, bamboo, and birch kitchen cabinets and RTA vanities up to 75% off the retail price to builders, contractors, apartment managers, and homeowners. Cabinets assemble with just a screwdriver and rubber mallet, or, for just $15 - $21 more per cabinet, we can assemble them for you. Our discount kitchen cabinets are in stock, and usually ship within 2 days of address verification and payment clearing to all 50 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts stocks only well-constructed builder grade RTA cabinets, semi-custom RTA cabinets, and deluxe RTA cabinets. Many RTA kitchen cabinets on the market today require drills, brad nailers, glue guns, staple guns and clamps. Not ours. Our cabinets are a great value and are:
1) EASY TO ASSEMBLE - Hinges and sturdy METAL camlocks and non-tarnish METAL locking plates and L-brackets are already PRE-MOUNTED on cabinet doors and panels.
2) NO CHEESY PLASTIC CAMLOCKS; NO FLIMSY STAPLES TO SEPARATE FROM THE FRAME
3) KCMA CERTIFIED - 17 of our cabinet lines passed rigorous tests simulating years of typical household that were conducted by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association, THE organization that sets the industry standard for cabinet durability and quality in hte U.S.;
4) CARB CERTIFIED - ALL of our cabinet lines meet California Air Resources Board Phase 2 tough standards for VOC emissions;
5) SOLID PLYWOOD BOXES -- NO PARTICLEBOARD WHATSOEVER;
6) DOVETAIL DRAWERS standard on ALL cabinet lines except Country Oak
7) HEAVY DUTY FULL-EXTENSION SOFT-CLOSE GLIDES standard on all DELUXE and SEMI-CUSTOM cabinets;
8) FREE PROFESSIONAL DESIGN SERVICE to customers purchasing at least $2,000 worth of our RTA cabinets;
9) NO CREDIT CARD PROCESSING FEE - NO SEPARATE PALLET FEES - NO HANDLING CHARGES - NO HIDDEN FEES
BBG Spice/Better Builder Grade BBG Tan/Better Builder Grade BBG Cherry/Better Builder Grade Country Oak/Basic Builder Grade
10'X10' Starts at $1,157 10'X10' Starts at $1,157 10'X10' Starts at $1,157 10'X10' Starts at $862
Bamboo/Deluxe Madison Avenue/Semi-Custom
10'X10' Starts at $1,917 10'X10' Starts at $1,506
Click **HERE** to see a sketch of a BASIC kitchen design with 11 RTA cabinets that can fit an L-shaped 10' X 10' kitchen for a starting price as little as:
DELUXE RTA CABINETS
Bamboo - $1,917
French Cream - $1,917
Chestnut Pillow - $2,019
SEMI-CUSTOM NON-SHAKER RTA CABINETS
Imperial Birch - $1,506
Light Caramel Rope - $1,506
Madison Avenue - $1,506
Napa Valley Bordeaux Rope - $1,506
Pearl Creek - $1,506
Walnut Creek - $1,506
Yorktown Patriot - $1,506
SEMI-CUSTOM SHAKER RTA CABINETS
Chocolate Mocha Shaker - $1,587
Dark Pepper Shaker - $1,442
White Shaker - $1,442
Light Shaker - $1,374
BETER BUILDER GRADE RTA CABINETS
BBG Chocolate - $1,157
BBG Expresso - $1,157
BBG Spice - $1,157
BBG Tan - $1,157
BASIC BUILDER RTA CABINETS
Country Oak - $862
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts
"We chose Kitchen Cabinet Discounts for three reasons: quality, quality, quality. Your BAMBOO cabinets' soft-close hinges, soft-close doors, finish, delivery, your office help was A-1. Total cost of cabinets was nearly half the price we would have paid to replace just the door fronts. We just moved and I can't wait to start my next kitchen with you." Mike Z. - Iving,Texas
"The [NAPA VALLEY BORDEAUX] cabinets are fantastic. I'm very pleased with every aspect of this purchase - a high quality product, great price, prompt delivery, manageable assembly, and exceptional customer service! You've won a long-term customer" Chris E. - Fall River, Massachusetts
"The satisfaction of completing this makeover ourselves was incredible. We looked at many manufacturers of cabinets from different home improvement stores but did not find anything that compared in quality to the IMPERIAL cabinets. Others had pressed wood, MDF, or non-hardwood in some of the construction. None were as sturdy or as competitively priced. We were able to add upgrades to the cabinets such as crown molding, a glass door, dovetailed soft close drawers and sliders [rollout trays], and still come in thousands below our original budget." Catherine N. - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
"I just wanted to tell you we're very, very pleased. The [BETTER BUILDER GRADE] cabinets are outstanding! The workmen are also very impressed, as they tell me they will be much easier to build and install than they were anticipating. I was having trouble getting applications for renting this house. Yesterday I leaned one of the [new] cabinet doors against the wall, and I got TWO applications immediately! Can't wait to see them installed." Sue M. - Leesburg, Virginia
“We did a lot of research before we decided to buy from Kitchen Cabinet Discounts and we couldn’t be more pleased with the quality of the product and the customer service we received. We saved over 30% of the cost of going to the home improvement 'Big Box' stores and saved another 7.75% in tax by shopping online. Friends cannot believe us when we tell them these [IMPERIAL] are RTA cabinets and not custom made."Bill & Loretta P.- Raleigh, North Carolina
"Excellent service, advice, telephone contact. [MADISON AVENUE CABINETS] No disappointments. Thanks." Stephanie & Dean B. - San Antonio, Texas
"I just wanted to take the time to thank you for your help in ordering the [NAPA VALLEY BORDEAUX] office cabinets. They turned out to be much higher quality than I expected. They were also very easy to put together. The refrigerator panels also worked beautifully for the shelves. With all the filler panels, I was really able to cut and design them to create a custom look. The end result turned out better than I expected. And for about $4,000 in materials, the price can't be beat. Not bad work for a physician who did this in his spare time." Nadeem P., MD - Downingtown, Pennsylvania
"I shopped around quite a bit before I made my purchase. I found your [MADISON AVENUE] cabinets to be the best value out there. Some other RTA cabinet makers advertise lower prices, but watch for add in charges that you don't find here. Cabinets were easy to assemble, much more sturdy than I thought they would be when I first opened the boxes. Thank you for your contribution to our new beautiful and functional kitchen. Dennis J. - Des Moines, Iowa
"Thank you for your help during our order. You were very knowledgeable and helpful during this process. The cabinets were exactly what we ordered and on time. We will use Kitchen Cabinet Discounts again for our cabinet needs." Robert M. - Munds Park, Arizona
"I'm so very happy with our decision to redo the kitchen. It turned out wonderfully, and it makes life so much easier. Our old cabinets were so small, we had trouble storing a bottle of oil in them. Now, we have space for everything, and we all work together much more easily than before. I can't imagine not having the pullouts. They are my favorite additions. And our friends keep saying our [MADISON AVENUE] cabinets have much more detailing on them than they've seen before. It just makes us feel good to know our space looks so good." Kristin S. - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
"Over the years, I've installed and even built quite a few cabinets. There is no way I could have saved any real money building them myself. And I really liked many of the details on your [COUNTRY OAK] cabinets. The L brackets made them very easy for one man to assemble. The finish is really nice. The all plywood bodies made it very easy for me to trim and fit things as needed in my old house. You can bet that I'll be recommending your cabinets." John A. - Topeka, Kansas
"[MADISON AVENUE] Cabinets are built extremely strong once put together. Two builders could not believe they were RTA cabinets. Don't hesitate to purchase, you will not be disappointed. I was able buy to $1,400. worth of extras because the price was so reasonable." Andrew G. - South Seaville, New Jersey
"The [IMPERIAL] cabinets look amazing. The quality is superior!!! I am extremely satisfied, but feel I should owe more money for my order. I am amazed I received such great quality while paying only half the amount other companies were charging." Nichaun D. - Baltimore, Maryland
“I was never mechanically inclined, and wasn’t sure I could assemble a single cabinet by myself. Your web site directions are easy to follow, and the [IMPERIAL] cabinets already have the hinges attached, so after the first one, they were a breeze to put together. If I can do it, anyone can.” Rose G. – Sewickley, Pennsylvania
"I was impressed with the prompt delivery, but moreso with the [MADISON AVENUE] cabinets' engineering and quality." Mike P. - Owings Mills, MD
"I am pleased with the [NAPA VALLEY BORDEAUX] cabinets and the service we received. You were always available to answer questions and correct any mistakes. It was a pleasure dealing with you. Thank you again." Frances G. - Staten Island, New York
"[NAPA VALLEY BORDEAUX] Cabinets as advertised and shown in sample. No issues with delivery or packaging. Construction is strong. Would use you again in future." Bill E. - Monroevia, Maryland
"Putting the vanity together was unbelievably simple. Anyone can do it without difficulty. All it required was a screwdriver." Carol T. - Chapin, South Carolina
"I really appreciate your assistance in my [NAPA VALLEY BORDEAUX] kitchen and bathroom projects! I would gladly recommend you to all my friends." Inna Y. - Parsippany, New Jersey
"Thank you so much for such a timely and smooth transaction. The quality [of the BAMBOO cabinets] looks amazing. I feel lucky to have found your site." Pete W. - Springfield, Massachusetts