RTA CABINET QUALITY
Don’t be fooled by pricey cabinet suppliers who claim Ready to Assemble RTA cabinets are not well made or have very limited cabinet and feature choices.
Over the last 12 years, the quality of some RTA cabinets has gone up so dramatically, that many U.S. cabinet manufacturers are still playing catch up.
COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES
You can find some cabinets priced less expensively than ours. If so, and if quality is a priority, make sure you compare apples to apples. Even if some companies advertise that their cabinets are a PREMIERE or ELITE line, here are
15 QUESTIONS TO ASK SELLERS:
1) Do your cabinets contain any particleboard? (Particleboard swells, buckles, and splits if it gets wet; plywood cabinet boxes are more durable. Our cabinets contain NO particleboard whatsoever).
2) Are the cabinet boxes - sides and backs - made of sturdy plywood, or do you have to pay extra for that? (Grade-A plywood is standard on every one of our cabinet lines).
3) Are your cabinet shelves made of plywood covered with a matching wooden veneer? (Some companies sell cabinets with flimsy particleboard shelves. ALL of our cabinet iines have solid PLYWOOD shelves covered with a matching wooden veneer).
4) If your cabinets have plywood sides, are the sides of all cabinets finished on the outside, or is the plywood exposed on some cabinets? (This can be important to some people with allergies or a sensitivity to the chemicals used in wood cabinets. ALL of our cabinets have finished sides with wooden veneers covering the plywood on the sides of every cabinet, not just those at the end of a run. No need to buy extra skins from us).
5) Are the backs of your cabinet bases and your cabinet drawer sides and bottoms just 1/8" or 1/4" thick? (All of our base cabinets have close to full 1/2" thick backs, and our drawers have nearly 1/2" thick sides and bottoms. When cabinet dealers don't list detailed specs like this, it is usually because they don't want you to see just how many differences there really are in the construction of a product, even if their doors look similar on the outside of a cabinet).
6) Are your cabinets finished on the inside? (Some manufacturers cover exposed plywood, MDF, or particleboard interiors with a stain and a coat of varnish. All of our cabinets have finished wooden veneers on the inside and on the outside of our plywood boxes that match their cabinet fronts).
7) Do your Ready-to-Assemble cabinets have to be drilled, nailed, glued, clamped, and stapled, or can they easily be assembled with PRE-MOUNTED "L" brackets and locking plates? (Lots of RTA cabinets require drills, brad nailers, glue guns, staple guns, and clamps. NOT OURS. Since cabinets that are just glued or stapled together have a tendency to separate where the staples meet the frame, this can be a major drawback. Other sellers provide the L-bracket and locking plate connectors, but buyers have to measure every piece of wood to determine their placement, drill holes for them, and mount them. Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' metal locking plates and L-brackets are PRE-MOUNTED on our wood. You just slide each locking plate over its corresponding L-bracket, add the center screw to the pre-drilled hole, and tighten the other two screws that are already in place. Or, you can buy our cabinets from us already assembled).
8) If a company says it uses CAMLOCK connectors, ask, "Are the camlocks made of cheesy plastic or are they metal?" (Plastic is not nearly as durable as a study metal). Our BAMBOO line uses METAL camlock connectors. All of our other cabinets use PRE-MOUNTED METAL "L" brackets and locking plates.
9) Are your cabinet drawer glides FULL EXTENSION, or just 3/4 extension? (You get 25% more drawer space with full extension drawer glides, which are standard on ALL of our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets).
10) Are your cabinet drawer glides basic epoxy glides, or are they heavy duty glides? (You can expect basic white epoxy glides on builder grade cabinets, but if you pay more for your cabinets, make sure the drawer glides are heavy duty ones that are stronger and more durable. All of our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets have heavy duty undermount glides).
11) Do your cabinets have SOFT-CLOSE drawers? (All of the drawers on our deluxe and semi-custom cabinets are FULL EXTENSION SOFT CLOSE. This feature alone is worth 30% more).
12) Are your cabinet doors and door frames 3/4" thick? (All of our cabinet doors and drawer frames are close to 3/4" thick).
13) Are your cabinets GLAZED? (No, not just sprayed with a polyurethane finish, but GLAZED with a second staining color that provides two-tone definition and pizazz, before the finish is added? Many retailers charge an extra 15-20% extra just for this feature that is standard on all of our stained deluxe and semi-custom cabinets except our Bamboo, Shakers, and BBG tan cabinets).
14) Are your cabinets approved by the KCMA -- the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers' Association? Sixteen of our cabinet lines received KCMA approval when cabinets assembled by our warehouse were tested, which means they meet the KCMA's standard for durability and quality. Our other cabinet lines are either in testing, or awaiting testing, since only one line can be tested at a time. Cabinets that comply and bear the KCMA certification are recognized in the marketplace as a quality product able to perform after a rigorous battery of tests simulating years of typical household use. Tests are performed by approved third-party independent laboratories. Since KCMA approved labs will not test UNassembled cabinetry, our U.S. based warehouses assemble our RTA cabinets before delivering them to the KCMA's designated test labs.
15) Do your cabinets comply with the current California Air Resources Board's (CARB) emissions standard? ALL of Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' cabinet lines do. Formaldehyde and aldehyde are natural ingredients found in organic products such as paints, dyes, and glues. The Calfornia Air Resources Board took the lead nationwide to establish rules to reduce and standardize the use of formaldehyde and aldehyde in hardwood, plywood, particleboard, and medium density fiberboard used or sold in the state of California to levels that do not pose a risk to humans. Several other states and the Environmental Protection Agency are considering passing similar legislation. Although Kitchen Cabinet Discounts sells cabinets to all 50 states, not just California, our cabinet lines are already CARB certified, and meet or exceed safe emissions levels as regulated by the current CARB threshhold limits test.
Search by Keyword
KITCHEN CABINET DISCOUNTS: RTA - Discount Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts sells Ready-to-Assemble (RTA) MAPLE, OAK, BAMBOO, and BIRCH cabinets and RTA vanities up to 70 percent below retail to builders, contractors, apartment managers, and homeowners. Our RTA cabinets assemble with just a screwdriver and rubber mallet. Or, for just $15 - $21 more per cabinet, order them pre-assembled. Our RTA cabinets come with PRE-MOUNTED hinges, and PRE-MOUNTED METAL connectors, making our wholesale RTA cabinets smart choices for contractors, do-it-yourselfers (DIY), or homeowners willing to hire a local installer. Our RTA discount kitchen cabinets are in stock and usually ship within two days of address verification and payment clearing to all 50 states, Canada, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
KitchenCabinetDiscounts stocks only well-constructed builder grade RTA cabinets, semi-custom RTA cabinets, and deluxe RTA cabinets. ALL of our discount kitchen cabinets have SOLID PLYWOOD BOXES with NO PARTICLEBOARD WHATSOEVER. Many RTA kitchen cabinets on the market today require drills, brad nailers, glue guns, staple guns, and clamps. Not ours. Since DIY cabinets that are glued or stapled together have a tendency to separate where the staples meet the frame, this can be a major drawback. Our cabinets are assembled with sturdy METAL camlocks or non-tarnish METAL locking plates and L-brackets -- NOT CHEESY PLASTIC CAMLOCKS. Some other sellers provide metal L-brackets and locking plate connectors, but expect buyers to measure every piece of wood to determine their placement, drill holes for them, and mount them. Not us. Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' metal locking plates and L-brackets are PRE-MOUNTED on our panels. You just slide each locking plate over its corresponding L-bracket, add the center screw to the pre-drilled hole, and tighten the other two screws that are already in place. Or, just buy your RTA cabinets from us already assembled. Plus, ALL of our discount kitchen cabinets meet the California Air Resources Board (CARB) strict Phase 2 emissions standards. Additionally, 16 of our cabinets have been subjected to and passed rigorous tests that simulate years of typical household use by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer's Association (KCMA), the organization that sets the kitchen cabinet industry standard for durability and quality.
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' SEMI-CUSTOM RTA Cabinets
Light Caramel Rope Napa Valley Bordeaux Madison Avenue Yorktown Patriot
Light Shaker White Shaker Dark Chocolate Shaker Darkest Pepper Shaker
Starting at just $1,374 for a BASIC 10' X 10' L-shaped kitchen in LIGHT SHAKER CABINETS; $1,442 in WHITE SHAKER CABINETS; $1,506 in MADISON AVENUE, LIGHT CARAMEL ROPE, or NAPA VALLEY BORDEAUX, and $1,587 in CHOCOLATE SHAKER CABINETS, DARKEST PEPPER SHAKER, or YORKTOWN PATRIOT.
These DELUXE bamboo cabinets and maple kitchen cabinets are our BEST quality discount kitchen cabinets.
Bamboo French Cream Pillow Imperial Mahogany Maple Chestnut Pillow
Starting at just $1,917 for a BASIC 10' X 10' L-shaped kitchen in BAMBOO or FRENCH CREAM; $2,019 in IMPERIAL MAHOGANY MAPLE or CHESTNUT PILLOW.
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' BUILDER GRADE RTA Cabinets
RTA BUILDER GRADE kitchen cabinets are our LEAST expensive discount kitchen cabinets.
BBG Tan BBG Spice BBG Chocolate Country Oak
Starting at just: $862 for a BASIC 10' X 10' L-shaped kitchen in COUNTRY OAK CABINETS; $1,157 In BETTER BUILDER GRADE CABINETS.
HOW CAN WE OFFER SUCH DEEP DISCOUNTS ON RTA KITCHEN CABINETS & RTA VANITIES?
For starters, we have no fancy showroom. This allows us to pass MAJOR savings along to you, since we sell RTA kitchen cabinets and RTA vanities directly to you at the wholesale discount price. So, if you are willing to measure your kitchen, and either assemble and install your wholesale RTA cabinets yourself, or make a phone call to a local carpenter to install your cabinets, you can pocket thousands of dollars in savings. Or, you can invest those savings and upgrade your kitchen by adding an island, an additional wall of RTA maple cabinets, RTA maple/birch cabinets, RTA bamboo cabinets, or RTA oak cabinets, or features such as
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Our discount kitchen cabinets and wholesale vanities ship in their ready-to-assemble from our warehouses within 48 hours of your payment clearing. If you want your RTA cabinets or RTA vanities to be assembled for an additional fee, the warehouse will need just three additional business days to prepare your cabinets for freight pick up.
Delivery of RTA cabinets to Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Washington, D.C. takes approximately 2 - 3 business days once the freight line picks up your order. Delivery to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, and West Virginia usually takes 2 - 4 business days. Delivery to Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas takes approximately 3 - 6 business days. Deliveryof RTA cabinets to Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, and California takes 5 - 8 business days. Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and islands is likely to take an additional week.
For more information about Kitchen Cabinet Discounts' RTA discount kitchen cabinets, wholesale cabinets, DIY cabinets, or already assembled RTA maple cabinets, RTA oak cabinets, RTA bamboo cabinets, birch cabinets, RTA builder cabinets, RTA shaker cabinets, or RTA vanities or designer bathroom vanities, phone or email us:
Kitchen Cabinet Discounts
Buying RTA Cabinets - Articles and Tips